Furnace is a necessary home appliance and it is complex but for any reason if the maintenance of the furnace is skipped it may contribute to the dust related health issues like allergy, asthma, breathing problems etc. The basic components of furnace are burner, heat exchanger, gas valves, duct pipe (vent), blower motor, sensor, thermostat and filters. Among these very important parts to be cleaned regularly include duct pipes or chimney, blower, filters. It is also advised to replace the filters for every now and then as they accumulate more dust and cause improper functioning of the furnace. For the cleaning purpose one can approach the expert Alberta furnace cleaning services with years of experience in the heating or cooling systems service.
How the parts of furnace accumulate dust?
Dust floats in the atmosphere everywhere and gets caught inside the closed spaces so also in the inner spaces of appliances.
- The furnaces have return flow systems where the cool air is taken back into the system through return duct and reused to make it hot. This is the main cause for the dust particles enter into the furnace components.
- The black soot forms on the filter surfaces due to the gas combustion also accounts to the furnace dust and decreases the quality of air inside the house.
- Improper adjustment of burners also result in soot formation. It is necessary to check the colour of the gas flame as contamination of gas causes colour change and results in more soot formation.
- Impaired heat exchangers releases poisonous carbon monoxide gas and particulate matter into the rooms along with the hot air. This is harmful and causes lung problems.
- Air filters trap the particles and dust from the air inside the room through the filter pores and maintain the temperature inside the home and also keeps the air quality by trapping pollen, dirt and other debris.
Furnace maintenance and cleaning
What if the filters are improperly maintained? The answer is clogging. Due to the small gaps in the mesh, the dust that is being filtered gets accumulated. And if it is left uncleaned it results in clog. Make sure your system filters and other components are clean enough. If they are not, get them fixed by the professionals of alberta furnace cleaning and duct cleaning services. Avail your warranty services to avoid the risk of polluted air, high energy consumption, discomfort due to inadequate heat/cool and permanent repair to the furnace.